Tuesday, June 23, 2015

belated

Hello,
Hello,
It's been too long.
How've you been?
Is something wrong?
Oops, sorry, sorry.
I didn't forget.
I swear, I've been busy.
I really regret - 
Well, when was it again?
Oh my, oh dear,
I was....out of town,
I wasn't here -
Oh, please, please, please,
please, please, please, please
accept these
belated apologies
for missing the thing
I swore I'd attend -
it's no reflection on you,
my bestest, favoritest, most dear friend.
I would never - oh sorry,
I have to answer this call -
"Hey, no, no, go ahead -
yup, last night was a ball"
Sorry, dear, I'll just be a sec  -
"Yeah, I know, it was crazy
I was such a drunk wreck!
Oh, hang on a minute -"
Hey, why are you leaving?
I'm almost done.
Don't look disbelieving!
It's just one more call,
then we'll have a chance to catch up,
Oh darn, look at the time!
This day won't let up.
Ok, well, then bye,
I'll see you soon, promise.
We'll make plans for next week,
Silly Doubting Thomas...



No comments:

Post a Comment