Thursday, November 10, 2016

elicit

before we see the coming of
the rights we share defaced
by those who mouth the words
but don't know what they mean
the press repressed in favor of
a blank and empty screen
new atrocities unmarked
by the decent and the good
because they're never told
any more than what He would
this I hope, I hope, I hope
that those not woke awake and rise
with apathy by empathy replaced


no more silent or indifferent
I hope we all stand up and fight
I pray for truth and justice
that it will not come to this
that his behavior won't be modeled
on the words said previous
but should hope be in vain
may it elicit this response
an informed electorate
with no more nonchalance
for misdeeds and for malfeasance
for the rank inequities
no more blind to the mistreatment
of those different from these
for the good of all the people
I hope we all will do what's right


No comments:

Post a Comment