Wednesday, January 25, 2017

ab ovo

If I had a time machine
to whensoever would I go?
Down the thread of history
to start over ab ovo?
And if I did would I become
someone else in somewhen else too
or was this always fated,
the ending written through?
Perhaps I'd go into the future
to see if one remained,
to see if humanity persisted
or if mother earth reclaimed
our dusty bones back into dust
as well we do deserve.
If I had that time machine
what purpose would it serve?
Could I make the world right again
but right again for whom?
Someone is always trod on.
Someone bursting the balloon.
I hope I'd do the right things
and I try to do them now
even when the choice is hard
and I don't really know how.
Still I wouldn't mind a time machine,
though I guess we're born in one
though it's got a faulty gearbox,
stuck in first til we are done.


No comments:

Post a Comment